Bob VanDer has not had a normal upbringing for an artist.
Born in Syria, Damascus, he started in 2005 at the young age of 18 and began producing electronic dance music inspired by many world-class producers and DJs like Sasha, Hernan Cattaneo, Danny Howells, 16 Bit Lolitas and Nick Warren, Dave Seaman, among others. Shortly thereafter he was the resident at the top electronic dance club in Damascus Syria where his career began to unfold.
He spends his time in his mini studio creating his own music and making some remix tracks or recording some live sets.
Bob VanDer has been sharing the decks with some of the top producers and DJ’s of our time like Dave Seaman, Oliver Smith, Anthony Pappa, Djmiss Mavrik, Matthias ‘Cressida’ Baumann, Leon Bolier and many more.
“I love playing in nightclubs, patios and special events, my love for music goes beyond the spectrum of mixing tunes. As a producer, Dj and pianist.”
Bob has spent many years playing at all of the major local Syrian clubs nights. He is a very active member for the local community, and not a stranger to the ups-and-downs of a small-town music scene.
“For me, it’s all about mood and a deep, hypnotic groove. Playing those tracks that get you tapping your feet and nodding your head without you realizing it, regardless of genre, tempo, style, or release date.”
Sit back and relax or don’t be surprised when you suddenly find yourself dancing to the musical style of one of Syrian most promising new artists.
01. Zebra Centauri – Doppelknoten
02. DJ Tonio – Bigger Than Yours (Olivier Giacomotto Remix)
03. Third Son – Nascar
04. Piemont – High Top (Sabb Remix)
05. Wallflower – Manifest (Rampa Remix)
06. Kollektiv Turmstrasse – Sorry I Am Late
07. Mahmut Orhan – Vesaire (Original Mix)
08. Pan-Pot – Sleepless (Stephan Bodzin Remix)
09. Thomas Schumacher & Victor Ruiz – Satellite
10. Edu Imbernon & Los Suruba – Olivia