Photo Credit: Poppy Thorpe Kousto released his first EP, 'Step by Step', in 2019, continuing…
Hot off the back of three huge debut releases on Second State, Odd Recordings, and IAMT earlier in the year, internationally celebrated Spanish techno sensation Auriga is currently enjoying her most prolific and successful year on record. Following a huge mix for the legendary Awakenings podcast back in September. We now welcome the Oviedo-based artist as she writes about ten tracks that have left an indelible mark on her since she first got into electronic music.
1. Surgeon – La Real – Counterbalance
“This track is very special for me because it reminds me of the club where I discover techno ‘La Real’ (Oviedo, Spain)”
2. Player – Player Three – B1
“Spanish DJ Pepo used to close festival ‘Aquasella’ (Spain) with this track and people (including me!) got crazy, I love it. “.
3. Surgeon – Death Before Surrender – Downwards
“First release of what later became British Murder Boys. I actually think it’s my favorite track of all time. Industrial sound, dark voices, and a crazy drop on the genuine Birmingham techno style.”
4. Nitzer Ebb – Murderous (Phil Kieran Remix) – novamute
“Love this electronic rock sound of the 80s (also Kraftwerk, New Order,…) and all remixes that came along. “.
5. Marco Carola – Avalanche – Zenit
“This track has no expiry date. It makes me jump and dance wherever I am.”
6. Joey Beltram – Drome – Warp Records
“Very emotional track, Joey Beltram is one of my favorite producers and this track sounds totally timeless.”
7. James Ruskin – After Dark – Blueprint
“Techno masterpiece. This track has all elements that makes me feel goosebumps. Ruskin original style.”
8. Rue East – Birmingham (Ben Sims Hardgroove RMX) – Pure Plastic
“The melody sounds so sentimental for me and also the typical groove from old school techno that reminds me the 2000s.”
9. Joris Voorn & Joran van Pol – Sonic Highway (Joris Voorn Mix) – Rejected
“I love this minimal, electronic style, like for example Gabriel Ananda – Dopplewhipper, Julian Jeweil – Air Conditioner…. can’t name only one! They are electronic music hymns.”
10. Mathias Schaffhäuser – Coincidance (Trentemoller Remix) – GT²
“Absolutely love Trentemoller, raw synths, surprise factor, electronic music in its greatest expression.”