DJ W!LD, founder of the W label and Catwash Records, and more recently co-founder of DAILYCID Music rise to prominence was no overnight phenomenon. Born in Dijon, he grew up under the heady influence of the formative hip-hop movement, taking his name from the nascent genre’s defining film, ‘Wild Style’, before discovering electronic dance music. Without hype or fanfare, he has grown from hero of the Parisian underground to resident at some of the world’s most acclaimed clubs. With an expansive discography (more than 300 tracks released ) backing up his formidable DJing skills.
DJ W!ld will play alongside Raresh, Enzo Siragusa and more at MOGA Festival in Essaouira, Morocco Oct 10-13th. For the special occasion he has selected 10 minimal anthems.
“To be honest, I don’t know what to say about these tracks aside from that I love them, and have played them so much, and am still digging them after so many years. It’s so difficult to choose just 10 from all the amazing productions in the minimal/minimal house genre, but these are the first ones that came to mind — listen to them and make your own opinion :)” – DJ W!ld
1. Ricardo Villalobos – 808 the Bass Queen (lo-fi stereo no. 09)
2 .Baby Ford – Built In (Force inc. Music 245)
3. Unknown Artist – A1 (Key All – 001)
4. Alex Celler – Haz (Trelik – TR027)
5. DATA 17 – KLEPTOMANIAC (DATA 17- 002)
6. Andy Kolwes – YSL (PTXS 006)
7. SIT – Hallo (AMP009)
8. Ion Ludwig – Maternity Almen Church (UGold 5)
9. Thomas Melchior – Feel Sensual (Perlon 15)
10. Marius Laurentiu – Dram Atic – (Dailycid 001)