Deeply entrenched with more than 27 years in the music industry, Phil MOONFACE Thompson is transcendent with hope and positivity. Phil’s online catalog growing with a stack of MOONFACE releases, not forgetting remixes and DJ compilations.
That exposure to the superstars saw Sasha choosing ‘U Get So Give’ for his legendary Essential Mix 2000 and then Bedrock’s John Digweed signing ‘Futurized Fears’ and ‘Overactive’ as a double A-side for his then brand new Bedrock label. Following the first 12” came a mini-album called ‘BETWEEN WORLDS’ on all formats selling out globally way before the digital age just before the Internet.
Many top DJs from Lee Burridge, Anthony Pappa, Danny Howells to Danny Tenaglia, Hernan Cattaneo to Carl Cox supported the MOONFACE sound back in the golden age of dance music.
Phil then became the new Bedrock resident covering about 5 years warming up monthly in Brighton and London taking over from Howells. As well as touring the globe on the best DJ agency at the time playing at many festivals and events flying the MOONFACE flag. Playing hot spots in Bali, Japan, Russia, Eastern Europe, Georgia, Greece, Malta, South America. Holding up a long-term residency at the legendary Decadance club Thessaloniki, Greece.
Then came his more recent single ‘Across the Gulf of Space’ released on Bedrock 18 -Signals compilation. Also releases and remixes for Krafted, Tulipa, Gibbon and Mirabilis, Wolf Trap & Mindwarp. Including label compilation mixes for ASTIR, Gibbon, and Tulipa Recordings to add to his already glittering back catalog. June 2019 sees the most recent compilation mixed by Phil called ‘FREAKIN’ PROGRESSIVE VOL.1’ on label Freakin303.
2020 sees Phil to continue hosting his FUTURIZED monthly show on Frisky Radio plus presenting his vinyl LIVE STREAM sets via YouTube whenever he’s in the mood for it.
December 2020 Phil will be self-releasing for the first time a new double album exclusively on Bandcamp called ‘PUSHOVER MANKIND’. A collection of 8 weird abstract chill out styled tracks, along with 8 dance floor underground styled tracks. Limited signed & numbered double CD albums will be available. Most tracks come together by playing around jamming in the studio whenever he feels in the mood. Then once the ideas are down it can take months to years to finalize the track to the point it’s finished.
01. MOONFACE – Lakes Mate [Tulipa]
02. MOONFACE – No Matter [PUSHOVER MANKIND] 2020 Album
03. MOONFACE – Picture This [PUSHOVER MAKIND] 2020 Album
04. MOONFACE – Futurized Fears (Guy J Remix) [Bedrock Records]
05. MOONFACE – These Sounds [Krafted Digital]
06. COLIN DALE – Joy (MOONFACE Remix) [Krafted Underground]
07. MOONFACE – Nothing To Fear [Mindwarp Recrods]
08. MOONFACE – Mass Madness [Unreleased]
09. MOONFACE – Across The Gulf of Space [Bedrock Records]
10. MOONFACE – Power People [Krafted Digital]
11. MOONFACE – Crystal Skulls [Krafted Digital]
12. MOONFACE – Superior Control [Unreleased]