Feeling and expression is at the heart of Taylor’s music from the uplifting and energetic, the moody and melancholic to the dynamic and aggressive, his brand of tech house/techno is a masterful expression of creativity that’s felt, not forced, and free, not confined.
Brought up on a diet of reggae and hip hop before being exposed to rave tapes (Helter Skelter and Roast) leading him on to jungle/drum and bass, Taylor progressed down the bpm range as his knowledge of electronic music developed. His exploration of London’s rich and vibrant club scene opened his mind further as delved into the sounds of Layo & Bushwacka, Peace Divison, Carl Cox and Steve Lawler.
His potent DJ performances have continually delighted revellers at London’s finest clubs; Studio 338, Electric Brixton, Ministry Of Sound, XOYO, EGG Club, Fire/Lightbox, as well as superb supporting sets at Bedrock, Tribal Sessions, Groovefest Malta and We Are FSTVL.
And having released a string of acclaimed tech house/techno in 2014/15 on Poker Flat, Whartone and KMS Records, his tireless work ethic helped him to become a guest resident for revered London-based underground house & techno party, ABODE.
2016 has seen support from both music press and peers alike. Established talent Denney (ViVa Music) and X-Press 2 (Skint Records) championing his material. Huge support came for his collaboration with Barber and their ‘Happy Mondays’ track (Elrow Music), whilst recent radio appearances on Rinse FM and Capital Xtra show growing interest from London’s finest tastemakers.
The final half of the year will see Taylor play dates at Sankey’s Ibiza for ABODE, a number of London/European dates, as well as some very special releases sure set dancefloors ablaze.”
1. Apollonia – Sona (Jovonn ‘Berlin’ Remix) (Apollonia Records)
2. Tom Ruijg – Session 1.2 (Soweso Records)
3. Neverdogs, Reelow – Respect (Hopeless)
4. The Deepshakerz – Damn! (Stereo Productions)
5. Jesse Perez – Boogie Down Brown (Edible)
6. Catz & Dogz – Upsi Bubsi (Pets Recordings)
7. Kid Sublime – The Loop (Dopeness Galore)
8. D’Julz – Narcissistic Scratch (Phonogramme)
9. Mr. G – Remember This! (Rekids)
10. DaMarii Saunderson & Taylor – Diamonds (KMS Records)
11. Audion – Mouth To Mouth (Guy Gerber Remix) (Spectral Sound)
12. Stimming – Tanz Fuer Drei (Diynamic)