Swiss born David Keno began his musical life learning classical instruments such as guitar and drums when he was 12. After playing in various rock bands he discovered his love of electronic music. He bought a drum machine and an old Korg synthesizer and started to experiment. Over the next few years he developed his skills and eventually the guys from the Pocketgame label loved his melodic productions so much that they signed him for his first release: Vernis – Bubble Bath EP which came with a fantastic Trentemoeller remix.
From there his career took off. He has released on labels such as I220, Zenit, Meerestief, Karateklub, ELP and provided remixes for Samuel L. Session, G-Man, da Fresh, Robert Drewek, Hugg&Pepp, DK8 and even 80ies heroes Trans-X who wanted a remix for their “living on video” that came out on ZYX Music.
The next step in his career was to launch his own label and in January 2007 Keno Records 01 was released with huge success. “Liquid” went on to be found in the playlists of many DJs.
In David Keno’s DJ sets or also as a Livect his musical range goes from minimal techno to house. Very floor-oriented but often with a certain melodic touch. Maybe these are his roots from the 80ies shining through.
01. Sergio Fernandez – Urano Beatz, Snatch
02. Roach Motel – Wild Luv (John Aquaviva & Olivier Giacomotto Remix), Get Physical
03. Samuel Dan & Chedey Garcia – Masey (Javi Lopez Remix), Eryn
04. Kevin Knapp – Survivor, Hot Trax
05. Andrea Oliva – Preset The Reset, Out of Mind
06. Fango – Vena Cava, Degustibus
07. Stefano Esposito – Dope Frequency, Flashmob Records
08. Turinno – Ad Astra, Bunny Tiger
09. Cera Alba, Zahra – Taking Over Me feat. Zahra (Tiger Stripes Remix), Hot Trax
10. Bodhi – Wiggler, Strictly Rhythm
11. Ejeca – Meme, Exploris
12. Hans Zimmer – Time (Tale Of Us Edit)