Holosound will be performing at Art With Me Festival in Miami on November 26th-27th, 2022. For more info and tickets click here.
“The goal of this mix was to straddle the line between a few different sounds I’m really vibing on right now. We start things off with some haunting melodic house and transition through some indie dance and ultimately land with some peak-time bangers that have been sure bets for me this summer.
I have always been a firm believer in the power of spoken word samples from across the world to elevate house music into a more cerebral place. I have also included a collection of vocal records that tug at the heartstrings and, I hope, pull you into goosebump territory. Great songwriting in any genre is impressive, but I hold a special place in my heart for those producers and vocalists who can bring everything together in an underground record that can also work with a broader audience.
The last time I did an Electronic Groove Podcast was nearly a decade ago! Big thanks to the EG team for their continuing hard work to shine a spotlight on the various elements that make this music and culture special.
On a more somber note, please keep an eye on friends and family that may have gone quiet over the last few weeks or months. Everyone’s dealing with some level of depression, anxiety, and burnout due to the pandemic and the state of our world right now, so try to do your part to help those that may be struggling know that you’re there and feel less alone. All Love.” – Holosound
Holosound (aka Alex Fish) is a DJ/Producer from NYC that’s been at it since 2004. The past 18 years have seen him dot the globe with appearances in over 23 countries, every major city in the US and release records and remixes on labels like Nurvous, HNQO’s Playperview, Glasgow Underground and (a long time ago) Ultra.
His sound has evolved over the years but has always maintained a subversively sexy vibe built atop low-slung organic and deep house with a sweet spot for higher energy melodic techno and a touch of Indie Dance.
He’s played alongside Jamie Jones, Lee Burridge, Be Svendsen, Satori, Oceanvs Orientalis, Mira, Adriatique, DJ Tennis, Francesca Lombardo, Lee Foss, Blond:ish, Audiofly, MAGA, and many more. In a parallel universe, he serves as the Director of Business Development for Art With Me, which recently activated in Tulum, Mexico, and will be returning to Miami at the start of Art Basel on November 26-27, 2022.
Notable gigs in the last few years include Gazgolder in Moscow, D-Edge in Sao Paolo, Tulum, Helsinki, Rio De Janeiro, Dubai, Toronto, Bogota, Kazantip festival for Flying Circus, London, Medellin, Panama City, San Jose Costa Rica, Quito, Piknic Électronik in Montreal as well as appearances at Burning Man for Robot Heart and many more.
01. Brandon Scarbrough – Everything There Is (RIGOONI Remix)
02. Roy Rosenfeld, Eli Nissan – Metta Love (Original Mix)
03. Soul Of Zoo, Guy Laliberte – Into Your Tribe feat. Dominique Fils-Aime (Bedouin Remix)
04. Depart – The Sight (Raw Main Remix)
05. The Black 80s – Move On (Kollektiv Turmstrasse Remix)
06. Jiminy Hop – Didiza (Original Mix)
07. Rashid Ajami – If Only (Original Mix)
08. Vander, Mâhfoud, Deer Jade – Intergalactic Tango (Chambord Remix)
09. Murmur Tooth & Lars Moston – Antidote (Intaktogene Extended Remix)
10. RÜFÜS DU SOL – Wildfire (Colyn Remix)
11. Lunar Disco, Peter Conaty – Sex, Drugs, Money & Lies (Amine K Remix)
12. Oliver Schories, Fredrik Ferrier – Heaven (Extended Mix)
13. Annett, Far&High – Again (Extended Version)
14. Jan Blomqvist, Mahri – Deeper Grounds feat. Mahri (Extended Mix)