Nii Tei Interview: https://electronicgroove.com/interview-nii-tei
Crediting his Ghanaian roots as the soul of his music style, Nii Tei has rapidly become one of Miami’s most beloved DJs, thanks in great part to his knack for hooking an audience. A music lover all his life, he brings his passion to his sets as well as his broad palette of influences and sounds, creating deep sonic landscapes complete with peaks and valleys.
More than being an eclectic music selector, Nii Tei’s craft consists on building an environment. Shifting styles unexpectedly, he knows how to keep a dancefloor on their toes and his careful curating makes sure there´s something for everyone to love in his sessions. With residencies in clubs like Do Not Sit On The Furniture, and all night sets in NYC as well as his home-base, his mixing takes you to a place that feels similar to being on a beach of a remote island, caressed by a cold, soft breeze while listening to drums under the black sky.
The foundation of Nii Tei’s sound is composed of the deep, dark, bass sounds of minimal techno, kissed by delicate, beautiful melodies and the playful percussion rhythms of afro house. His sound is a refreshing, unique blend that brings cultures together, both theoretically and practically. A rich tapestry that he builds bit by bit, carefully progressing until we become awash with color and sound.
01. Cesare vs Disorder – Utopia [Handcrafted]
02. Robbie Akbal – Cupriata [Klassified Records]
03. Groove Squared – Fearless – SIS revision [Soundzrise]
04. Gab Rhome – La Maison (Whitesquare Remix) [Sol Selectors]
05. David Mayer – Movement (Moscoman Remix) [Connected]
06. Naza – Dimba [Perplex!]
07. Audiofly – Mondays are always blue [Burner House / Flying Circus]
08. Juan Deminicis- Life on the moon [Proton]
09. DSF – Almyriki (Original Mix) [Sag & Tre]
10. Amadou & Mariam – Je Pense À Toi (VOILAAA Remix)
11. Bosq of Whiskey Barons ft Kaleta – Demi Know [Ubiquity Records]